Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Breaking Up With the Washington Post

Jim Geraghty writes:

Just about every morning, I drop my son off to day care, go to the coffee shop, and pick up a copy of the Washington Post. Sure, I don’t always agree with it, and have friends who work for the Washington Times and Washington Examiner, but for a long time, the Post was the biggest local paper – most news pages, most local coverage, most sports, most comics.

For the past year, the paper’s been getting thinner, a sign of the recession and fewer advertisers. At times, I’ve felt like I was picking up a newsprint promotional flyer for WashingtonPost.com. In today’s paper, just in the first section, I’m urged to visit the web site on pages A2, A3, A4, A8, A13, A15, and A17. Yeah, I’m sure all the web stuff is great, pal, but I just spent 75 cents on the paper version.


}}} full story {{{
.

No comments: