Saturday, February 7, 2009

Buy the Globe, Get the P-I

Rick Anderson writes:

If you want to buy the P-I's treasured globe, you have to buy the P-I first, says the broker who is trying to sell the 146-year-old newspaper for the Hearst Corp. No side deals, even if the globe may be the most-sought piece of the sale. Still, according to a report by the Pacific Northwest Newspaper Guild, the deal being brokered by Broadwater & Associates of New York includes the iconic P-I name as well as its online brand, seattlepi.com. Hearst will also throw in its interest, rights and obligations in the Seattle Joint Operating Agreement - though, if the print edition is folded, an online P-I apparently could be operated outside the JOA, Hearst thinks.

The globe-and-newspaper package also includes...


}}} full post {{{
.

No comments: