Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Readers react to Detroit changes

It's an approach that clicks with Mary Hayek of Hamburg Township. She said the newspapers' plan to expand their digital efforts is attractive.

"It's easier to go online," she said. "I don't have to worry about recycling paper, and it's just very quick and easy to do. I can go back and look if I've missed something on my own time."

Another reader, Jan Carpenter of Howell, said she'd be willing to pay more to keep her seven-day subscription.

"I'm very disappointed to hear they are going to be cutting down, especially for what they offer us," Carpenter said.

The changes will begin next spring with home deliveries available solely on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays, Detroit Media Partnership CEO Dave Hunke said. Printed copies will still be available seven days a week at newsstands, and the publications will put more resources into their online efforts.


}}} full story {{{
.

No comments: