Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Online news is immediate and exciting

Mike Wendland writes:

As you've no doubt heard, the Free Press is making a huge push online, beefing up the Web version, switching more resources from print to digital.

All I can say is, it's about time that somebody in the industry did this.

Before you dismiss this as coming from the tech guy, understand this: I'm an old tech guy. I've been in this business for four decades. I have ink in my blood. I love the tactile feel of a newspaper, the crinkly sound of a page turning, the intoxicating smell of newsprint.

But times change. And the Internet is every bit as revolutionary as the printing press was 400 years ago. It's a whole new medium that has developed a whole new audience that prefers clicking a mouse instead of turning a page.


}}} full story {{{
.

No comments: