Monday, November 24, 2008

Bailout Journalism, Save My Job

From CareerDiva.net:

It’s hard not to get nervous when the industry you work in is cutting long-time, kick-ass journalists all around you for no good reason.

Every few days now I get a call or email from a colleague telling me they’ve lost their job or may be about to lose their job.

That’s why I’m fueling up my private jet and heading to Washington so I can plead the bailout case for journalists everywhere.

First it was the banking sector begging for tax dollars to shore up the industry. Now we have the auto executives and even home builders looking for some money to keep their firms going. Why can’t newspapers and other media outlets come a knockin’? The taxpayer portfolio needs to be diversified, no?


}}} full post {{{

No comments: